There's nothing better than fresh homemade baked goods! Cakes, cookies, breads and pies will be available.
Wednesday, July 24, 4-7 pm
Thursday, July 25, 8 am until they are gone.
Proceeds from the sale benefit the Riley County 4-H Council
July 29 10:00 am Southside of Pottorf Hall
Get ready for some good old-fashioned family fun at this year's Fair Olympics. Participants will take part in events such as the scoop shovel race, greased zucchini toss and other not-so-clean fun!!! Look for full contest details coming soon.
Open Class Event, Honey Contest
Entry: Thursday, July 25; 8:00-Noon at Pottorf Hall, CiCo Park
Judging: Thursday 25; 1:00pm
Release Exhibits: Monday, July 29, 5:00-7:00pm
Open to all beekeepers. All jars must be plain and free of labels. No inner seals in lids. Nonconforming containers will be disqualified and removed from display. Exhibitors may enter a maximum of one entry in each class. Konza Beekeepers will provide the prize money by mailing checks to the winners within ten days of the judging of entries. Prize money 1st place - $15, 2nd place - $10, 3rd place - $5.00 in each classes.
Three Categories: Extracte Honey, Chunk Honey, and Cut Comb Honey. Refer to the Riley County Fair Book download for more details (pg 72).
July 25, 26 and 27
8:00 pm performances
Advanced Prices: Reserved $12, GA $10, Child $5
Gate Prices: Reserved $15, GA $12, Child $6
Reserved tickets are available at
Copies 4 Less
Dara’s Corner Stores
Dillon’s Stores: both the Sarber Lane and WestLoop locations
Outpost Western Wear
Yee Haw Country Outfitters
For more details, visit www.kawvalleyrodeo.com
4 and under Free
5 to 12 years Child ticket
13 and up Adult ticket
5:30 pm - Free picnic at Cico Park
Picnic for the first 400 or until food runs out.
8:00 pm - Free Admission to the Rodeo for military members and families with a ticket. Limited number of tickets available.
Military kids 13 and under are free with canned food donation to Flint Hills Bread Basket. Bring can donations to Rodeo Ticket Booth.
Once the free military tickets are given out there is a special $5.00 military discount rodeo ticket available for purchase at the Rodeo Ticket Booth.
Pick up tickets after the 4th of July Holiday for your military family at any of these locations:
*Fort Riley Outdoor Rec Office
*USO Fort Riley
*Manhattan Chamber of Commerce
*Briggs Auto Group in Manhattan
*Manhattan Navy Federal Credit Union
*Unit's Brigade Office
For more information, contact Janet at the Manhattan Chamber of Commerce at 785-776-8829.
Open to the Public!
Pre-Registration: Due July 1 by calling 785-537-6350 or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
Entry: Wednesday, July 24, 5:00-7:00 pm
Judging: Thursday, July 26
Pick up Entries: Monday, July 29, 5:00 - 7:00 pm - No Early Release
1.Building Creations (LEGO®, K'NEX®, tooth picks, etc.) should be no larger than 24"(L) x 24" (W) x 60" (H). Special size accommodations can be made for larger creations with the approval of Mr. Jobe, Riley County 4-H Agent. Contact him at the Riley County Extension Office prior to entry, 785-537-6350.
2.Building Creations will be judged on theme, neatness and creativity.
3. Creations will be judged in (4) separate age categories: Junior (ages 7-9), Intermediate (ages 10-13), Senior (ages 14-19), and Adult ( 20+).
4. Group exhibits are allowed, but only one prize will be given per exhibit.
5. Each builder may enter a maximum of two exhibits.
6. All entries must be completely assembled when entered. Only minor repairs will be permitted at entry.
July 25-29 Open nightly at 6:00 pm
Ottaway Amusements operates one of the nation's best carnivals and they are coming to the Riley County Fair! Pepsi Wristband nights are available every night -
Wristband sessions will be:
Sunday, July 28
Hurlburt Hall, CiCo Park
Registration begins at 6:30 pm
Pull begins at 7:00 pm
Youth ages 4-12 are invited to participate in the Pedal Tractor Pull. Contestants use their own pedal power to drive a pedal tractor pulling a weighted skid. Everyone receives a prize! Winners in each age group are eligible to compete at the Kansas State Fair in September.
Registration ends Thursday, July 25; noon
Show: Thursday, July 25 at 7:00 pm Hulburt Show Arena, CiCo Park
The purpose of a lead class is to present sheep in the most attractive manner. Sheep and handler will wear garments purchased or constructed of at least 60% wool.
Pee Wee (Ages 5 and under)
Junior (Ages 6-9)
Intermediate (Ages 10- 14)
Senior (Ages 15- 20)
Adult (Ages 21 and older)
Strawberry Pie Baking Contest
Sunday, July 28 1:00 pm
1. Open to anyone wishing to bake an strawberry pie
2. Entries must include a recipe. Pie must be checked in by 1:00 p.m. on Sunday, July 29
3. Please bring pie in disposable pie pan - pans will not be returned
4. Judging is based on appearance, presentation, crust, texture and flavor
5. Pies will be in two divisions: Traditional - Strawberry Only or Strawberry & Other
6. Pies cannot contain any raw/uncooked eggs; pies must be able to stand at room temperature (no refrigeration will be available)
7. Following judging, pies will be sold by the slice to the public. All proceeds will go to Riley County 4-H. If you wish to bake a pie and not have it judged, we will be happy to accept it and sell it to raise money for Riley County 4-H.
8. Winners will be announced immediately after judging has taken place. Besides the glory of having made the best homemade pie, winners will receive a prize.